Tuesday, December 18, 2012

EDLD 5363 Week5 Web Conference Reflection


I enjoyed attending the web conferences and try to attend as much as possible. I don't always have a question, but attending the conferences gives me a sense of belonging to the class. On-line classes are great for busy people like me, but you do loose that face-to-face class contact. Dr. Abernathy has done a great job in making me feel welcomed in the class.
During the web conference, Dr. Abernathy was able to answer questions that many of my co-harts had. Some of the questions that were asked were things that I had not even thought of asking. All the information was very useful in finishing up the week's assignment.
Dr. Abernathy made it clear that she wanted us to work together and collaborate on Week 3-5 assignments. I feel very good about my team’s ability to work together.  We have already started on our plan and have already shared on Goggle Docs.
Sunday, December 2, 2012-The class was invited to join reviewers from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. It was very interesting to hear the questions from the reviewers at the event. Some seemed new to the experience of web education. I enjoyed feeling like a fly on the wall and observing the participants at the event.
Sunday, December 9, 2012- Web conference was very helpful many students had questions about the submission of assignments for 4 week. Dr. Abernathy cleared up the confusion by reinforcing that students read the up to date syllabus and Week 4 overview for any questions regarding Week 4 assignments.
One thing that I fine very aggravating about web conferences in my recent courses is that we seem to have many technical difficulties. There have been problems with audio and video Occasionally, the sound system would quit working, but returned ; I hope in the near future that the technical issues get solved .


No comments:

Post a Comment